Our reference projects in
Quick assessment of assembly productivity
- As a newly-created division of a larger multinational, manufacturing processes have been focusing in delivering custom-designed products with the shortest delivery time
- Now is time to take the full picture of the performances, namely quality and costs. We are helping our client to identifying pragmatic ways to transform their assembly area
- Most promising levers are workload leveling (with Heijunka boards), performance management system, assembly line layout and redesign of supporting roles in production
SixSigma improvement in rubber compound production
- Too many changes to a well established process in the rubber compounding production have created an unstable system with 30% of product scrap, a profit loss of 0,5 mEUR per month
- This company is in danger and asks to Growing to study the reasons of this instability and solutions to return to normal scrap rates. We launch a SixSigma project with design of experiments (DoE) and test production every day.
- We identify the root causes and simulate the system in its original condition until we find the most sensitive process parameters and fine-tune those until an acceptable scrap rate. Additional weaknesses were: missing SOPs, shopfloor discipline and poor management
Multisite lean transformation in Eastern Europe
- The Czech subsidiary of our client has operated for many years in a kind of monopoly market, therefore not much pressure on EBIT was necessary. Things now have changed.
- In 2 of the largest production sites we have performed a lean transformation of all direct and indirect departments, involving around 30 employees in Kaizen activities
- Our work focused on productivity improvement of the main production areas, capacity analysis and improvements in the Logistics and Maintenance departments, material costs reduction via optimization of bill of materials and overconsumption
- A new team for continuous improvement has taken over to follow-up and discover new opportunities